If your attempts at losing weight have been a dud, you are doing it wrong. You need to analyze your eating habits to understand where you could you possibly going wrong. You are eating low calorie food to lose weight, yet, you feel like it is not working, at least not as well as it should.
You are eating unhealthy, inorganic, and full of toxins food!
You need to practice the art of cleaning eating. Clean eating involves eating unprocessed and unrefined food. When you consume food free of manmade chemicals, you will feel like you are losing weight. Your body will expel all the toxins from it, making you feel healthier and more alive.
Your workouts will get better as well because you will have more energy to give your exercise routine your best. If you are ready to change your eating habits, going from eating dirty to clean, you need to learn about the basics of eating cleaning.
What Are The Basics of Eating Clean?
When you go down the path of eating clean food, you will buy unprocessed and unrefined food. This means staying as far away from junk food as you can. A nibble here and there is okay, but stuffing your face in chocolate pudding is not okay. You need to abide by the following rules of eating clean:
- You should eat whole foods only. Whole foods have not been prepared in the lab and have not come from the manufacturing plant. They have come to the grocery store directly from the farm. They include veggies, fruits, free range and grass fed meats, unsalted nuts, low fat dairy items, whole grains, and seeds.
- You should not eat processed food. Processed foods are easily distinguishable from whole foods, as they have a label. The label on the food suggests that it is made from one or more ingredients. You should not denounce all types of processed foods, as there are exceptions such as organic cheeses and whole grain pastas. The rule of thumb is that is you cannot pronounce an ingredient on the label; you should not bring it home.
- You should not eat refined sugar. Refined sugar is just sugar! It is filled with calories and nothing nutritious. Your body will not receive any benefit from eating refined sugar, but you will see its effects on your body in a few days. However, eliminating all of refined sugar from your diet is impossible, as everyone has one type of refined sugar they love. If your cravings get a hold of you, a small bite of the refined product is all right.
- You should eat 5 to 6 Meals Each Day. Your metabolism may not be up to speed so you need to bring it up to speed by eating smaller meals during the day. By consuming smaller meals during the day, your metabolism will remain fast and you will feel less hungry.
- You should cook your meals. Try to cook your own meals from here on. In fact, cooking clean food is much easier than you think, as all it requires you to do is sauté, chop, and garnish.
- You should combine carbohydrates with protein. You need to maintain a balance between carbohydrates and protein. You need to balance your plate of food with protein and carbohydrates or with carbohydrates and fat.
Once you have a clear understanding of what you should do to eat clean, you should also know the health benefits associated with eating clean.
How Does Eating Clean Improve Your Health?
When you begin to eat clean, your health will dramatically improve and you will feel more energetic. Here is how your health will go from down to up when you switch to eating clean:
- You will reduce weight and maintain it.
- You will decrease your risk of contracting or developing certain diseases.
- Your body will get the proper nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
- A diet of whole foods will provide you with a combination of different micro-nutrients.
- Eating whole foods will decrease your cravings and temptations for refined sugar.
- It will control your insulin level and decrease your cholesterol level.
- Your digestive system will be at full speed.
- You will be full of energy.
- Your cells will remain strong and as a result, your internal system will function efficiently.
- You will be motivated to keep yourself fit.
People who are trying to bulk up and lean down will also benefit from eating clean, as they will be losing weight and gaining muscle by eating clean protein and complex carbohydrates. However, some may find eating clean as a boring and bland combination of foods, but you can spice up your meals by seasoning them to liven up their flavor.
What Should You Season Your Clean Food With?
When the public become aware of eating clean, their first thought was that there is no way they are going to eat tasteless food. Since then, eating clean has become a tasty and scrumptious meal. All thanks for making them appetizing goes to the following spices and herbs:
- Basil goes well with salad, sandwich spread, soup, fish, pork, chicken, beef, pesto, and tomato sauce
- Marjoram enhances the flavor of carrots, peas, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Mint adds a minty flavor to vegetable salad, fruit salad, and teas.
- Oregano brings out the flavor of gravies, meat dishes, soups, and spaghetti sauce.
- Rosemary enhances the taste of roast chicken, beef, and lamb.
- Sage tastes delicious when added to soups, omelets, turkey stuffing, stews, frittatas, and spaghettis sauces.
Other herbs and spices include tarragon, cinnamon, thyme, cloves, nutmeg, cumin, and turmeric.
Eating clean is not that bad after all. You can lose weight while looking lean and buff. If people ask you about your secret, you can tell them about the benefits of eating clean while they are working hard at the gym. Why not just refer them to this article!
- 13 Healthy Sources of Clean Protein
- Can Eating More Fat Help You Lose Weight?
- Eat Clean and Maintain a Lean Lifestyle with These 10 Foolproof Ways