Before you decide on taking a fat loss supplement, it is recommended to take a look at what you will be ingesting in your body. Some supplements are designed for people who are morbidly obese, while others are for casual dieters trying to maintain their physique. Knowing this difference is sometimes very important because of the ingredients that may not be suitable for everyone.
One fat burner that has caught a lot of attention is OxyELITE Pro. It is manufactured by USP Labs and contains 6 primary ingredients that provide great thermogenic effects. The manufacturers claim that the formula of OxyELITE Pro assists in appetite control, maintaining blood sugar, enhanced thyroid function, fat burning, boosting energy levels, and mood elevation.
But are these claims spot on? Read our OxyELITE Pro review to find out.
OxyELITE Pro has 6 active ingredients, which include:
- Bauhinia purpurea – converts T4, a thyroid hormone, to a more powerful T3 hormone, which assists in burning fat.
- Caffeine – a natural fat burner found in most fat burner supplements.
- Geranium – increases alertness and works in the same way as caffeine.
- Rauwolfia – blocks alpha-2 receptors that work to store fat in the body.
- Bacopa monnieri – increases the amount of T4 hormones.
- Cirsium oligophyllum – prevents fat gain.
Apart from these ingredients, it also contains DMAA, which has been declared a potentially harmful ingredient by the FDA.
- Suppressed appetite
- Sustained weight loss
- Sharper mental focus
- Increased metabolic rate
- Increased serotonin levels
- Better mood and performance
- Controlled blood sugar
- Enhanced energy levels
How to Take OxyELITE Pro
The recommended directions for taking OxyELITE Pro are to take 1-2 capsules before breakfast in the morning. Take another serving after 6 to 8 hours also on empty stomach. Since the ingredients have powerful effects, it is best that you start using this product with one capsule, and increase its dosage when your body becomes use to them. Moreover, it is advised that users don’t take more than 4 capsules per day.
Potential Side Effects
OxyELITE Pro has proved to hold true to its claims of increasing energy, enhancing mood, and suppressing appetite. However, users have experienced a whole list of serious side effects as well. They are as follows:
- Increased sweating – Due to thermogenesis, the elevated body temperature promotes sweating, which is basically a natural cooling off mechanism. Although this may seem like a desirable effect, most users have experienced that they couldn’t control the excessive sweating even when they are not exercising.
- Cardiovascular problems – Since OxyELITE Pro contains vasoconstrictor ingredients, users have experienced increased heart rate and blood pressure. This is because vasoconstrictors shrink the size of blood vessels, which hinders blood flow. This is a very dangerous side effect, as it increases the risk of stroke and heart attack, especially during exercising.
- Decrease in appetite – One of the main purposes of taking fat burner supplements is to reduce appetite and curb cravings. However, in case of OxyELITE Pro, this is yet another undesirable effect because users have reported to lose muscle mass along with fat. Moreover, some people may even develop dependency on this product and may not be able to function properly if they suddenly stop taking it.
Other common, less-severe side effects include:
- Increased urination
- Muscle twitching
- Racing Heart
It is important to note that the FDA has declared some of its ingredients unsafe and potentially dangerous. This is because a series of life-threatening cases have been reported in which users have suffered from liver damage and non-viral hepatitis.
Before you make a decision about any supplement, it counts to look at the manufacturers’ history, and the reviews of people who have already used it. In the case of OxyELITE Pro, the customer reviews are very negative, and even the product has managed to catch the attention of the FDA. There have been several cases reported of organ failure, heart problems, and other severe health problems. Moreover, most of its ingredients are not even proven by clinical testing.
Considering the ill reputation and the many reasons to avoid using OxyELITE Pro, it is better to look at other fat loss pills that have been recognized as safe for use, and are effective as well.