There are reports that suggest Noopept to be a close cousin of powerful racetams, Aniracetam and Piracetam. However, those reports also explain that this nootropic supplement is 1000x more powerful than either of the racetams. It is involved in:
- Improving cognitive function
- Enhancing memory
- Producing mild psychostimulation
- Providing significant neuroprotection
How it Acts
- When you consume this supplement, Noopept travels to the brain. Since it is a neuropeptide, it is capable of reaching specific Glutamate receptor sites and binding to them. Glutamate is a powerful neurotransmitter that is important for cognitive function, formation of memory, learning, and increased intelligence. Noopept binds its receptors, inhibiting them from breaking down Glutamate.
- Noopept also makes its connection with the receptors for another reason. It makes them more sensitive to Glutamate, which means that even low amounts of Glutamate will activate them easily.
- Next, it increases the amount of oxygen that your brain receives. With the newly increased amount, your brain clears up and you get that characteristic feeling of clarity.
- Lastly, it is also involved in increasing glucose metabolism in the brain. Since glucose is an energy source, increasing its metabolic rate will provide your brain with more of it. That means it increases brain energy, which, along with the clarity it provides, makes it easier for you to concentrate on a task.
- A much lower dose is effective as compared large doses of other nootropic supplements. That is why Noopept is not too heavy on your budget!
- It can cross the blood-brain barrier easily.
- It has incredibly high bioavailability, which means that most of the amount that you consume will flow right into your bloodstream. That is why extremely low doses of Noopept are equally effective!
- It takes Noopept just 15-20 minutes to reach its maximum concentration — there are very few nootropic supplements that can act this fast!
- It also has brain protective characteristics, such as by providing it relief from oxidative stress and apoptosis.
- Noopept also reverses cell damage within the brain.
- It keeps your brain safe from future damage.
- It also results in improved focus.
- Provides you with an increased feeling of mental clarity.
- It also promotes growth and formation of new neurons.
- The supplement reduces headaches unlike the nootropics supplements that belong to the Racetam family. This is because it does not influence the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine but works on Glutamate, instead.
- Associated with very low level of toxicity.
Other benefits of Noopept include:
- Better cognition
- Improved mood
- Enhanced memory — long and short term
- Enriched reasoning and problem solving skills
Safety & Side Effects
The range of the right dosage for Noopept starts from 10-30 mg/ day. However, the range that is right for you will depend on various factors. The first thing that you need to consider is your weight. If you weigh 140 lbs or more, only then should you exceed the dosage from 10 mg/day. However, even in that case, if you weigh less than 200 pounds, sticking to 20 mg/day is a good idea. People who weigh more than that may take 30 mg of Noopept every day. The amount may be distributed between two doses, if so desired.
The non-toxic nature of Noopept makes it safe to consume and the effectiveness of extremely low doses makes it even safer. Sticking to the normal amount (10-30 mg) is highly unlikely to result in any side effects. Consuming more than 30 mg of Noopept could result in the following side effects:
While Noopept poses very low risk to most people if the recommended amount is used, in rare cases, negative side effects do occur. These include:
- Upset stomach
- GI distress
- Allergic reaction
- Elevated blood pressure
Most of the side effects may be counteracted easily, if:
- The recommended amount is taken
- Medications that interfere with Noopept are not taken simultaneously
Noopept is highly potent than most nootropic supplements in the market. It also has high rates of bioavailability and none of the side effects that come with Racetams. It is budget-friendly and to top it all, it makes your brain start working at whirring speeds. You should definitely give this amazing supplement a try. If you want an alternative, why not try this perfect blend of nootropics, called NooCube?