Centrophenoxine is widely known by its trade name, Lucidril. It is involved in reversing the process of aging, rejuvenating your neurons, and removal of toxic cellular waste from your brain. Some of its benefits include:
- Improving memory
- Protecting memory
- Reversing age-related damage to the brain
- Keeping the brain healthy
- Enhancing learning and focusing abilities
How it Acts
Centrophenoxine has three major modes of action:
- Cleaning up lipofuscin deposits from your brain cells
- Regenerating parts of neurons that need repairing and/or are age-damaged
- Stimulating production of energy
Studies show that lipofuscin affects learning abilities adversely. That means, the more of that compound present in your brain, the lesser the learning ability and vice versa. When you consume centrophenoxine, the result is you feel more alert and ready to focus on a task. It also improves your learning abilities thus making it an ideal choice of nootropic while studying.
As Centrophenoxine repairs the neurons, you can feel the difference. It does this by increasing the amount of neuro-protective compounds in the brain. It will leave you feeling rejuvenated with an improved mood, which will be a boon in the stressful lives that we lead. The repairs also have brain-boosting effects and result in improved intelligence and memory.
Centrophenoxine also increases glucose uptake and more energy is produced as a result. With more energy and oxygen made available to your brain, it starts to work more efficiently.
- Improves brain’s cognitive functionality
- Increases dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline
- Improves mood
- Supports short-term memory
- Enhances communication between neurons and improves general thinking and cognition abilities
- Scavenges free radicals and heals cellular damage from toxins in the brain
- Mild relief from social anxiety
- Mild relief from depression
- Increased libido
- Lucid dreaming
Safety and Side Effects
It is recommended that if you are consuming Centrophenoxine for neurological enhancement, then 750 milligrams/ day will suffice. The dose should be divided into 250 mg thrice a day.
While considered mostly safe, the following side effects can result from use of Centrophenoxine:
- Muscle tension in the jaw, neck, or shoulders
- Hyperexcitability, irritability, or restlessness
- Gastrointestinal tract issues
If the aforementioned symptoms appear, stop taking it for a few days, if possible. If not, try continuing with a smaller dosage.
Furthermore, the following groups of people should avoid Centrophenoxine:
- People suffering with high blood pressure
- Pregnant women since Centrophenoxine may have teratogenic effects and cause birth defects
- Nursing mothers
- People who suffer from involuntary musculoskeletal movements caused by Parkinson’s disease etc
- People on a strict anti-cholinergic diet
- Individuals suffering from major depression
Centrophenoxine consumption can increase production of CO2 and use of oxygen within the brain, leading to side effects. These effects are similar to the ones people experience when they take too much of choline. Generally, reducing the dosage can eliminate these symptoms. Other dangers that might be present with use of Centrophenoxine are:
- Developing tolerance over time can mean that the nootropic will become less effective slowly and you will have to increase the dosage to achieve the same effect
- Potential toxicity may result if the dosage is increased outside the confines of the recommended amount
The best way to get the most out of Centrophenoxine is use it with Piracetam in a stack. The pairing is so effective because while Piracetam causes your brain to release more acetylcholine, the former makes it possible! Piracetam can cause headaches when Choline levels are too low and Centrophenoxine can prevent them.
Centrophenoxine may be an effective anti-aging agent, as well as, relatively safe since it is combination of a natural substance found in the human body and a plant hormone. However, due to limited amount of research on centrophenoxine – especially new research, care should be taken when using it. If you are looking for a safer option that is more than effective too, why not try NooCube (check here). It has been designed by combining various nootropics to make the perfect one. We guarantee that you will not look back once you have tried it!